FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 8, 2020
Messner Unveils Plan with a Goal of “Unleashing the Strength of America”
Contact: Carmelle Druchniak at email@example.com
BEDFORD, NH – Republican U.S. Senate candidate Bryant “Corky” Messner has unveiled a blueprint to restore America’s economic prosperity and manufacturing might, preserve individual liberties, and reduce government intrusion and over-regulation.
The Messner USA Plan: Unleashing the Strength of America focuses on three main areas: economic freedom, national security, and individual liberty.
“We can unleash this nation’s strength, and restore our standing in the world, if we work toward providing economic opportunities and restoring personal liberties for every American,” says the Wolfeboro resident, who is running to defeat incumbent Democrat Senator Jeanne Shaheen.
Messner adds that he stands ready to work with New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu and President Trump “to reignite our American economy, by providing the leadership and the vision we need to move ahead.
“We can emerge from this pandemic, and from these times of social unrest and divisiveness, stronger as a people and as a country. What we need is a common mission and the common sense to restore the United States of America’s standing as a nation that is the envy of the world.”
Among the Messner USA Plan’s goals:
- Reduce Federal taxes on small businesses to help revive the economic engine of our country.
- Return “American Made” to prominence once again by incentivizing companies to move their labor from rogue countries like China.
- Put more money immediately into the hands of American families by establishing a payroll tax holiday.
- Support saving measures like the “Penny Plan” and a Balanced Budget Amendment. The United States currently has $24.9 trillion national debt with no cash reserves to respond to a crisis.
- Allow an accelerated depreciation schedule for business equipment, including 100% expensing, to encourage companies to expand domestically.
- Protect our Nation by strengthening our ties with our allies and by investing in a strong National defense complete with the latest military intelligence, technology and equipment.
- Strengthen our southern border and all ports of entry to the country.
- Pass legislation to ensure government pension funds divest from companies controlled by the Chinese Communist Party.
- Ensure America remains responsibly energy independent and strengthen our supply chains so we are not dependent on foreign countries like China.
- Create national disaster protocols and a robust national stockpile of critical materials, PPE and necessary supplies.
- Send Federal education dollars to states without restrictions for online learning, high school earned college credits, homeschooling, charter schools and/or innovations in special education.
- Continue to reduce regulations and provide waivers in Medicare and Medicaid, to help our seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Eliminate and reduce all unnecessary rules and regulations to help spark an “American Made” revolution.
- Stand-up to the attack and erosion of our liberties provided to us under the Constitution, especially attempts to weaken our First and Second Amendment Rights.
- Reduce duplication in Federal Government agencies/programs and wherever possible return the power to our local and state governments.
The Messner USA Plan can be downloaded at www.CorkyforSenate.com.
About Bryant “Corky” Messner
Raised in a blue-collar family in Altoona, PA, Bryant “Corky” Messner attended the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he played football and prepared for military service. Upon earning the Army Ranger tab and graduating in 1979, he served in West Germany, witnessing firsthand the specter of the Iron Curtain during the Cold War. Following his military service, he attended University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law and went on to found the law firm Messner Reeves LLP, which today includes more than 100 lawyers, 200 employees and offices in nine cities.
Messner is a strong conservative, and remains passionate about giving back to the country that has offered him the opportunity to live the American Dream. His continued public service includes involvement with various non-profit organizations, including the Wentworth Watershed Association, the Army West Point Athletic Association, the Rise School Denver, and the Messner Foundation, which works to cultivate the next generation of business and community leaders.
A father of three, Messner’s two sons are West Point Cadets and his daughter is preparing to attend medical school. He resides in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire.